Children, Youth and Families Division
The Children, Youth & Families Division is established to carry out certain purposes and concerns of the parent organization as they specifically relate to children, youth and families in accord with and subject to the amended by-laws of NASMHPD. The purposes of the division are:
- To provide an identifiable focus upon children's mental health services as a substantial portion of the mental health concerns and programs of the states.
- To develop forums for effective collaborative planning, programming, and program review in mental health services regarding programs for children and youth.
- To analyze pertinent materials and policies as these relate to children's mental health. This includes legislation, regulations, guidelines, standards and criteria thereof.
- To propose a variety of new and innovative methods and models for the delivery of more effective mental health services for children and youth.
- To participate with those bodies and individuals involved in the development of standards, regulations, evaluative procedures and other processes which may affect the quality of mental health services for children and youth.
- To perform such other functions regarding mental health services for children and youth as may be directed by the parent organization (NASMHPD).
Executive Committee (as of January 1, 2015)
|Chairperson||1/1/15 – 12/31/18||Sandra Parks||MS|
|Vice Chairperson||1/1/17 – 12/31/18||Nikki Tennis||WV|
|Secretary||1/1/16 – 12/31/18||Beth Jordan||KY|
|Member-at-Large||1/1/16 – 12/31/18||Vacant||Vacant|
|Past-Chairperson||1/1/16 – 12/31/18||Louise Johnson||SC|
|West||1/1/18 – 12/31/19||Diana Cockrell||WA|
|Midwest||1/1/17 – 12/31/18||Jackie Shipp||OK|
|Northeast||1/1/17 – 12/31/18||Shannon Fagan||PA|
|South||1/1/18 – 12/31/19||Eric Harbour||NC|
Sandra Parks (MS)
NASMHPD Commissioner Division Advisor:
Joan Mikula (MA)
NASMPHD Division Administrator:
David Miller, M.P.Aff.
66 Canal Center Plaza, Suite 302
Alexandria, VA 22314
(703) 739-9333, x153