Suicide and State Mental Health Authorities: Our Time to Lead
This presentation focuses on the importance of key leadership roles of State Mental Health Directors in suicide prevention. The webinar highlights evidence that the most effective path is when leaders in programs, systems and organizations make a commitment to prevent suicide. Specifically, the presentation spotlights national initiatives and priorities, case studies of two State Mental Health Directors bringing suicide prevention efforts to the forefront in their state, and resources for agencies to support systems change.
- Dr. Richard McKeon, Ph.D., M.P.H., Suicide Prevention Branch Chief, Substance Abuse Mental Health Services Administration
- Dr. Michael Hogan, Ph.D., Commissioner, New York State Office of Mental Health and Public Sector Co-lead of the Clinical Care and Intervention Task Force for the National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention
- Dr. Laura Nelson, M.D., Deputy Director, Arizona Division of Behavioral Health Services
- David Covington, L.P.C., M.B.A., Chief of Adult Services, Magellan Health Services and Private Sector Co-lead of the Clinical Care and Intervention Task Force for the National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention
- David Litts, O.D., Director of Science and Policy, Suicide Prevention Resource Center
Date of webinar: December 6, 2011
To access the recording, please visit: http://nasmhpd.adobeconnect.com/p71u59sc7g7/
For questions or additional information about the webinar, please contact Christy Lentz, NASMHPD Senior Policy Associate.